What to do with juicer pulp? is the first question commonly asked by the juicing enthusiast or even a newbie has this point in his mind. As juicer pulp is a big proportion of food that comes out of a juicer during the juicing process. We have considered all these questions and trying to develop implementable ideas for using the juicer pulp.
Let’s discover all the best options to consume the juicer pulp. After reading the following details you will be able t generate more ideas to consume pulp. We encourage you to share your innovative ideas with us. We will test your ideas and share them with the rest of the juicing community via the jucerz portal.
How to use a juicer pulp
There is a wider option range available for you for the usage of the juicer pulp. You can make good food like bread, crackers, fritters and a lot of other eating options. All are discussed in the following section. On the other hand, if you are not interested in eating juicer pulp you can have other uses as well. Let’s Explore the options with all the necessary details
How to make compost with juicer pulp
Add Juicer Pulp to Your Compost Pile Adding juicer pulp to your compost pile adds essential nutrients to your garden soils. This soil will assist in the growth of good, high-yielding plants. The single most important supplement you can give your home garden is compost.
It’s a quick and easy way to add nutrient-dense humus to your lawn or garden, which promotes plant growth and revitalizes depleted soil. It’s also free, simple to make, and environmentally friendly. Composting, on the other hand, has a number of advantages.
How to make pulp compost
- Choose Separate Place for Compost, This encourages worms and other beneficial species to aerate the compost to be delivered to your garden beds.
- Start by laying twigs or straw a few inches deep.
- This improves ventilation and aerates the pile. Alternate wet and dry compost products in layers. Juicing Pulp, grain waste, tea bags, seaweed, and other moist ingredients are examples. Straw, grass, sawdust balls, and wood ashes are examples of dry products. If you have wood ashes, spread them out evenly so they don’t clump together and take a long time to decompose.
- Manure, green manure (clover, buckwheat, wheatgrass, grass clippings), or some other nitrogen source should be added. This helps to activate the compost pile and accelerate the process.
- Keeping the compost moist. Water occasionally, or let the rain do the job. While juicing pulp also has a bit of moisture in it.
- Cover it with anything you have on hand, such as wood, plastic sheeting, or carpet remnants. Covering assists in the preservation of moisture and heat, all of which are important for composting. Covering the compost often stops rain from overwatering it. Moisture should be present in the compost, but it should not be saturated or sodden.
- Turn around. Give the pile a short turn with a pitchfork or shovel every few weeks. Which helps to aerate the pile. The mechanism involves oxygen to survive, and turning “adds” oxygen. If you have a ready supply of coarse material, such as straw, you may skip this step. If your compost pile is formed, add new materials by mixing them in rather than layering them. Mixing, or rotating, the compost pile is important for aerating the materials and expediting the composting process. If you want to buy a composter rather than build your own compost pile, a revolving compost tumbler is a decent choice. It makes it easier to mix the compost on a daily basis.
Using Juicer Pulp in Garden
In the above section, you have learned how to prepare compost and you have learned that you can mix pulp in the compost. It increases the nutritional value.
Although you can use the pulp from your juicer in your garden soil, it’s best to place it in a compost pile and let it decompose before using it on your plants. Juicing is the method of separating the liquid component of fruits or vegetables with the use of a juicer.
Questions commonly come up like what is the best pulp to be used in the garden?
- Beets Pulp
- Orange Pulp
- Apples Pulp
- Celery Pulp
- Carrot Pulp
are the recommended pulps to be used for improving the garden. Beets juicers are specialized to juice beets and produce beets pulp that is very good for soil nourishment. While juicing celery there is always a good amount of remaining fiber and that wet outcome is the pulp we use in the compost. If you are new to juicing you may go through a basic understanding of the juicing process.
Beet pulp is also called fertilizers for the garden. Beet pulp is rich in nutrients that are good for plant growth. In fact, it has two-way benefits one for humans as beet helps in a great deal to maintain heart health and blood pressure and its pulp is a good nutritional source for the plants.
If you are a regular consumer of beets juice and you do not know about the “Beets Burger” I think you are missing a lot. I have tested it beets burger recipe and it works and tastes great. What you need is 2 or 3 good-sized beets and juice those beets in a good juicer. You can have a healthy glass of juice and pulp and the same pulp is used to make a good burger. In the following section, I will share the recipe with all details.
Celery Juice Pulp Usage
Celery is one of the best gifts for humans. Researchers mention more than many benefits of the celery in form of juice or consuming it directly. Celery impacts many essential parts of the body and also helps to regrow the body tissues. If you want to explore more about the benefits of celery juice and how to juice celery you can read the already published article in jucerz.
Let’s discuss how to use celery juice pulp. Celery juice pulp is good if we mix it with compost because this pulp has fiber and natural ingredients good for the plants. Celery has a good amount of water in it. Pulp is also not fully dried after the juicing process. This pulp with moisturizers is a good component for the compost as compost is required to be moisturized for good decomposition.
Celery pulp as a face mask
Can we use celery pulp for face beautification? The answer to this question is a yes because celery pulp has vital natural ingredients like phytonutrients and vitamins like C, B6, and K that are good for making face skin healthy and it also gives a great glow to the skin as well.
Celery also contains minerals including pantothenic acid, molybdenum, manganese, and potassium. Beautiations use celery face masks in combination with many fruits and vegetables and especially cucumbers. Let’s explore more about making celery pulp as a face mask.
Ingredients for face mask
- Celery Juice Pulp from 1 bunch
- 1 Teaspoon of Honey
- 1 Tea Spoon of Yogurt
- Cucumbers (optional)
How to make a face mask
Making this face mask is very easy. You need to mix yogurt and honey very well. Juice Celery and cucumber and get the pulp of celery and cucumber. Now mix the pulp with a honey yogurt mixture. Put it on aside for 5 minutes. Because let the natural chemistry take place. And enjoy your juice. After 5 minutes apply gently to your face and neck.
As this face mask gets dry wash your face gently. You will feel the shine and freshness. jucerz is thankful to Alina and mark for sharing this face masking method.
Can you freeze Pulp?
The answer to this query is yes you can. But it is recommended to freeze it immediately as the juicing process takes place. You can use a glass container or freezing bags to freeze the pulp. Normally it happens when you have no plan of using the pulp for the current period of time. I do freeze the beets pulp frequently. Because I need it later to make beets burger.
Recipes for Pulp
There are multiple ways that we can consume healthy pulp. One of these ways is making something eatable from the juicer pulp. I have seen in health magazines nutrition recommending to make various dishes with the juicing pulp. I have tried a few recipes and sharing after a good test and result.
Making Muffins with Juicer Pulp
Muffins are one of the family snacks that is consumed frequently by everyone. I have made my own self “Pulpy Muffins” and it turned out to be beautiful in color and taste. Let me share my experience with you. Following ingredients are required to make healthy muffins at home.
— carrot, pineapple, and orange = 1 cup juice pulp
— vanilla extract = 1 teaspoon
— honey = 1/2 cup
— grinded ginger = 1/4 teaspoon
— melted butter = 2 tablespoons
— Well grinded cinnamon = 1 teaspoon
— white whole wheat flour (or whole wheat flour) = 1.5 cup
— grinded nuts (almonds and peanuts) = 1 tablespoons
— Baking soda = 1 tea spoon
— Beaten egg = 1
— unsweetened applesauce = 1 cup
— salt = 1/2 teaspoon
How to make it
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Using nonstick cooking oil, grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt in a large mixing cup.
- Add the butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and applesauce to a shallow well in the middle of the dry ingredients.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and stir until everything is well mixed. Make sure not to over mix the contents
Only when mixed, fold in the juice pulp again, don’t overmix.
- In a muffin pan, uniformly distribute the mixture. Bake, when induced in the middle of a muffin, comes out dry, about 18-20 minutes.
Let the muffins get to normal temperature.
- Your muffins are ready to be served or may keep it in an air-tight jar for later consumption.